NSE represents member campuses from nine time zones. Conference attendance is required from each member campus as a condition of membership to ensure all students receive equal consideration and opportunity for priority exchange. All member campuses are expected to be ready to send and receive students at the conference.
In the event a member campus representative cannot attend due to circumstances beyond their control, NSE Headquarters must be contacted for exemption and placement arrangements. Any campus missing consecutive conferences is subject to membership termination.
A conference justification letter is available upon request.
If a campus cannot attend the placement conference due to extenuating circumstances, the following is required:
- Conference registration fee of $550
- Written request for conference exemption submitted to NSE headquarters
- Be available by phone and email for during placements on Thursday, March 7, 2019
- Casual office attire is appropriate for most events.
- Thursday banquet is generally a business attire event. Comfortable shoes recommended for this New Orleans event!
- Campus-identifying spirit wear is encouraged for Thursday placements.
- Casual clothing and comfortable walking shoes for tours and outings.
What to bring
- Coordinator must bring a computer, tablet, or other device that can be used in a wireless environment to conduct placements (cell phones and mobile devices are not recommended)
- Device charging cord(s)
- Items for NSE Scholarship Silent Auction (see Silent Auction tab for list of recommended items)
The Big Easy